- Common Links
- Honor Societies
JMU HONORS PROGRAM
251 Warren Service Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
GUIDELINES FOR SENIOR HONORS PROJECTS
Requirements for the senior honors project in English will be up to the discretion of the project advisor. The student, in consultation with the selected advisor, will design his/her own honors thesis project. Approval of the topic will be the responsibility of the advisor.
Beginning the project:
- Student selects a project advisor
- Advisor requests an override number from the department in order for the student to register for ENG 499A
- Student and advisor discuss possible members for the thesis committee
- Student and advisor discuss logistical details of the project
- Students typically begin 499 A in the spring of their junior year, 3 semesters prior to graduation.
The breakdown for credit hours is as follows:
- 499 A = 1 credit 499B = 3 credits 499C = 2 credits
- All three courses are a full semester long (not block).