- Common Links
- Honor Societies
JMU HONORS PROGRAM
251 Warren Service Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Hospitality & Tourism Management
GUIDELINES FOR SENIOR HONORS PROJECTS
While no official guidelines from the department are on file with the Honors Program, the Honors Program would like students to know the following information:
- Students should contact the departmental honors liaison early in the junior year to discuss the process, how to register for 499 courses, when to begin the process, how to select a project advisor, and other important matters.
- The 3 semesters of 499 courses should produce a total of 6 credit hours.
- Begin the project 3 semesters prior to graduation.
- Obtain the consent of a full-time JMU professor in your major department to be the project advisor and two additional members to serve as readers on the project committee.
- Review the information regarding the senior project on the Honors Program website.
- Students should follow the Honors Program guidelines and customize their project and the process through consultation with their project advisor and committee.
If more help is desired, students may schedule an appointment with an honors program director.