Student Honors Advisory Council
The Student Honors Advisory Council serves as the student goverment body for the JMU Honors Program. This group of 20-30 Honors students represents the interests of Honors students, develops community through the Madision Honors student organization, and works directly with Honors staff to develop programs and initiatives that are student-centered. The student council plays a direct role in shaping the future of the Honors Program.
President: Dakota Gagliardi (IdLS, '15), email@example.com
Vice-President: Erica Hoogerland (CSD, '15), firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary/Historian: Elizabeth Brannon (International Affairs/Economics, '17), email@example.com
Chair, Madison Honors: Jessica Hunt (Communication Studies, '15), firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair, Development Committee: Brandon Carter (ISAT, '15), email@example.com
Chair, Publicity & Recruiting Committee: Sean Byrne (Theatre & Dance/SMAD, '15), firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership terms begin in January and are renewable every year. The council is governed by an Executive Committee consisting of a President, Vice-President, and Secretary/Historian. All non-EC members serve on one of three committees: Madison Honors; Development; and Publicity and Recruiting. Meetings take place once a month. Honors Program directors work closely with the council on projects and initiatives and are present at meetings and events.
Benefits of Joining the Student Council
- Opportunity to exercise leadership within the Honors community
- Make a difference in Honors and have a voice in the future direction of the program
- Work closely with Honors faculty and staff and gain an insider perspective on the Honors Program
- Get the inside track on Honors courses, scholarships, events, and initiatives
- Network with Honors alumni, make important contacts, attend special dinners, receptions, and retreats
- Build credentials for your CV or resumé
How to Join
Applications are accepted every fall semester. Please download the application form and submit it to the Honors Program office by the stated deadline. Selected applicants will interview with current council members and Honors Program staff.
Fall 2013 Application Deadline: noon, Monday, November 11.
For more information, contact: Jared Diener, Academic Advisor - email@example.com