Homecoming 2014: National Anthem Contest
For the first time, the JMU Alumni Association is sponsoring a National Anthem Contest Homecoming weekend. Submit a video of you singing the National Anthem and you could win the chance to sing with the Marching Royal Dukes at the 2014 Homecoming game on November 1.
- The submission period will run from April 15 - June 30, 2014.
- Submit your video HERE.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges and the top three will be chosen.
- Finalists will be notified on or around July 15, 2014.
- The top three videos will be posted to the JMU Alumni Association Facebook page starting August 15 for the peer voting period and will end on September 1, 2014.
- Winner, based on the highest number of "likes", will be officially announced on September 3, 2014.
- Live vocal performance of the United States National Anthem, accompanied by the JMU Marching Royal Dukes prior to the Homecoming football game on Saturday, November 1, 2014.
- Lodging for 2 nights at the Courtyard by Marriott in Harrisonburg, VA.
- Two club seats to the JMU Homecoming Football game on November 1.
- Two tickets to the post-game dance party with The Reflex in the Festival Conference and Student Center Grand Ballroom.
- Exclusive JMU Homecoming 2014 T-shirt.
Second and Third Prizes:
- Exclusive Homecoming T-shirt and a JMU Alumni Spirit pack.
- Contestants must be an alumnus/alumna of James Madison University or Madison College.
- Limited to one entry per person.
- Must be a video recording of the contestant singing the United States National Anthem in B Flat with a starting pitch of F. Cannot include any other vocalists.
- Entry must be the contestant's own rendition of the National Anthem. Lip-synching by the contestant or use of another individual's pre-recorded voice will disqualify the entry. Voice altering mechanisms or programs are not allowed.
- Winner MUST attend the Friday evening rehearsal with the JMU Marching Royal Dukes on Friday, October 31 to prepare for the November 1 performance.
- Failure to attend the rehearsal or football game will result in the forfeiture of the prize and require the winner to reimburse the JMU Alumni Association for all costs incurred.