In 2014, History Day activities will take place at Warren and Taylor Halls. Drop off and pick up will be in front of Warren Hall, and buses will be able to park nearby at the Convocation Center Lot F. Plan to reach your destination from Market Street to Martin Luther King Boulevard, for reasons explained below.
- Registration begins at 8 a.m. in Transitions (Warren 268)
- To avoid overcrowding at the registration desk, I will post room assignments here the weekend before the event. Students can proceed directly to their assigned rooms, while teachers (or other designated people) sign them in. Room assignments will also be available in Transitions and posted around Taylor floors 3 and 4.
- Room Assignments
- Presentations begin at 9 a.m.
- (If you can’t get there by 9, you won’t miss your slot)
- Judging takes place from 9 a.m. to 12:15.
- Lunch break begins at 12-12:15 p.m.
- Awards begin at 1 p.m.
- Let us know if you need special transportation arrangements for handicapped participants.
- Car parking will be available in the C4 lot without a permit for all non-JMU people. They have promised not to ticket.
Note that the assigned permits do not allow you to park in specialty spaces such as Service Vehicle spaces, handicap spaces without proper permit, or expired meters. You are also prohibited from parking in Fire Lanes.
- Buses should drop students off outside Warren, and then park in the Convocation Center lot; there will be students with gate passes available to let them on campus; if you have any problems please call me at 540-560-4036 and I will send someone with a gate pass to meet you. See the annotated parking map for the location of the gates.
Buses may stage in Convo A/F Lots when not picking up or dropping off.