Programs and Support
Absolute Value - How do you value yourself and others outside of physical appearance?
Dukes Step Up! - Skills training initiative to engage and equip students to be active bystanders in our community
Health education & outreach - Accurate, evidence-based, comprehensive programming utilizing peer education to cover a wide range of health, wellness, and safety issues that impact JMU students
HOPE - Multidisciplinary on-campus team providing education, evaluation, and eventual recovery for students with disordered eating and exercise behaviors
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, & Ally Education Program - Student Success Center, room 1313
Sexual violence advocacy & prevention - prevention programming and confidential advocacy services providing students a supportive way to navigate their options and resources
Substance abuse prevention, intervention, & recovery - promoting the use of protective strategies to reduce negative consequences associated with high-risk drinking and illegal drug use
- AlcoholEdu - Two-part evidence-based online alcohol prevention program required for all first-year students that empowers students to make well-informed decisions, helps students better cope with the drinking behavior of peers, motivates behavior change, examines expectations about the effects of alcohol, links choices about drinking to academic and personal success, helps students practice safer decision-making, and engages students to create a healthier campus community
- Common Ground - Free, confidential, non-judgmental group program to connect with and engage in conversations with other students about the role of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs in their life
- BASICS - Empathetic, confidential, non-judgmental, early-intervention program designed to help students evaluate the risks that may result from alcohol use
- High Expectations - Empathetic, confidential, non-judgmental, early-intervention program designed to help students evaluate the risks that may result from marijuana use
- A.A. - Alcoholics Anonymous open, young persons' meeting
The University Health Center strives to make its programs and services as accessible and inclusive as possible. Please let a staff member know if assistance is needed or the University Health Center is difficult to access for any reason.