Sexual Assault Recovery
Student Wellness & Outreach provides advocacy, referrals, and support for students who are survivors of sexual assault and their significant others and friends. These services are provided to all students and are confidential.
If you have been sexually assaulted, we can:
- Help identify the options that you have depending on your needs
- Give you information about resources on campus and make referrals when needed
- Go with you to talk with Judicial Affairs or police if you are thinking about pressing charges
- Go with you to a judicial hearing or court to act as an emotional support person
- Go with you to the hospital or University Health Center when medical attention is needed
If you know someone who has been sexually assaulted we can:
- Give you information about how to help
- Give you information about resources on and off campus
Please call our office at 540-568-2831 with questions or for more information. Remember, a sexual assault is not your fault, and you deserve support!