Strategic Leadership - Ph.D.
Application opens August 1. October 1 is the deadline to be guaranteed consideration for spring.
Application opens December 15. March 1 is the deadline to be guaranteed consideration for fall.
Fall (Nonprofit & Community Leadership is fall admit only)
Degree(s) OfferedDoctor of Philosophy in Strategic Leadership (Ph.D.)
Test RequirementsGRE or GMAT scores (Scores older than 5 years, please contact the program)
- Application fee
- Official GRE or GMAT scores
Transcripts of all previous academic work at the undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) level.
Applicants must upload unofficial copies of their transcripts and if admitted, all transcripts will be verified by the Graduate School. Applicants who previously attended James Madison University still need to upload an unofficial transcript, but do not need to provide official transcripts for verification.
Required by Program
- Intended field of concentration
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate statistics course
- Undergraduate accounting course
- Brief statement of purpose, 250 words in length
- Three (five preferred) years of full-time equivalent work experience
- Two scholarly samples
- A personal interview may also be requested
- Three personal references, including a current or former direct supervisor. The references listed on your application will receive a link to an online form.