Nursing - D.N.P.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program accepts applications on a rolling basis. Completed applications should be received at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester in which the student intends to enroll.
International applicants will upload a credential evaluation of their non-U.S. college or university transcripts from one of the services listed at this link: Credential_Evaluation
For international students, provide evidence of passing grade on CGFNS exam (both parts) or IELTS score of at least 7.0, apply for VA RN license (TOEFL 570 required).
- Application fee
Transcripts of all previous academic work at the undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) level.
Applicants must upload unofficial copies of their transcripts and if admitted, all transcripts will be verified by the Graduate School. Applicants who previously attended James Madison University still need to upload an unofficial transcript, but do not need to provide official transcripts for verification.
Required by Program
- Current resume or curriculumvitae
- Statement of professional goals
- Three letters of recommendation, 1)Academic reference, 2),current clinical supervisor and 3)academic or clinical
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree in Nursing with a minimum 3.2 GPA for graduate work is preferred. Hold a current CPR and health records.
- Registered Nurse Licensure
- Meet department’s technical standards for admission