Education - Reading Education - M.Ed.
The Reading program accepts applications on a rolling basis. Completed applications should be received at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester in which the student intends to enroll.
fall, spring, summer
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
GRE scores (25th percentile or higher for both the verbal and quantitative tests) or Miller Analogy Test
- Application fee
- Official GRE or MAT scores
Transcripts of all previous academic work at the undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) level.
Applicants must upload unofficial copies of their transcripts and if admitted, all transcripts will be verified by the Graduate School. Applicants who previously attended James Madison University still need to upload an unofficial transcript, but do not need to provide official transcripts for verification.
Required by Program
- One letter of of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Two-to-three page written statement describing the applicants professional background and long-term professional goals
- One recommendation from a relevant school personnel familiar with the candidates teaching performance and leadership potential
- Undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Valid teaching license