Education - Early Childhood Education - M.A.T.
The application will open September 1. January 30 is the deadline to be guaranteed consideration.
Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
GRE General Test or Miller Analogy Test
- Application fee
- Official GRE or MAT scores
Transcripts of all previous academic work at the undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) level.
Applicants must upload unofficial copies of their transcripts and if admitted, all transcripts will be verified by the Graduate School. Applicants who previously attended James Madison University still need to upload an unofficial transcript, but do not need to provide official transcripts for verification.
Required by Program
- Two or three page personal statement describing the applicant's rationale for entering the teaching profession
- Applicants should have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or better
- Applicants also complete an interview and initial transcript review
- Name and contact details of three references (Letters of Recommendation are NOT required.)