We are currently in processing of implementing the new JMU Scholarly Commons. You are unable to upload/submit your document at this time. The Scholarly Commons will be available by November.
Electronic Submission of Thesis and Dissertation
The library requests that you submit your thesis or dissertation document electronically. Here is what to expect in the submission process. The more you have prepared properly before entering the submission site, the easier your submission will be.
- You will be asked to login with your JMU eID and password.
- You will be asked to accept the licensing agreement related to electronic publishing and archiving of your document(s).
- You will asked how many documents you will upload.
- You will be asked to slect an document availability option (see Copyright and Embargo for more information)
- You will be asked to list the title of your document(s) as it appears on the title page of your document(s).
- You will need to select either Masters, Educational Specialist, or Doctoral as your document type.
- You will need to select your college (Arts and Letters, Business, Education, Integrated Science and Technology, Science and Mathematics, or Visual and Performing Arts)
- You will be asked to write in a maximum of six (6) Key Words.
- You will asked to insert your abstract...It is probably easiest to copy and paste.
- You may insert any miscellaneous information that you think may be necessary.
- You will be asked to enter the filename of your document(s).
Click here for the library's detailed instructions on submitting your documents.
Before you submit your document(s) to the library, The Graduate School should have received copies of your approval page. The approval pages should be signed in original, in black ink.
Refer to the following checklist before beginning your submission.
□ I have turned in signed copies of my approval page to The Graduate School.
□ I have turned in a signed copy of the Document Agreement to The Graduate School.
□ I have all documents that I plan to upload ready.
□ I have the title of my document exactly as it appears on the title page.
□ I know in which college my program is housed.
□ I have selected key words for my document.
□ I have my abstract available to be inserted into the submission form.
Ready to submit?
We are currently in process of implementing the new JMU Scholarly Commons. You will not be able to upload and submit your document at this time. The Scholarly Commons will be available by November.