Immigration Information for International Faculty, Staff, and Researchers

The International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office assists all international faculty, staff and research scholars obtain an appropriate visa and maintain legal status through coordination with other JMU departments and U.S. government agencies. New international faculty, staff, and researchers will be provided with an overview this process at the time that a position is offered. More information about J and H-1B visas is provided below. If you have questions, please contact Delo Blough at

J-1 Visa Information

H-1B Visa Information

Back to Top