General Education Student Conference
October 4, 2013
Call for Nominations
Faculty are invited to nominate outstanding student work in general education courses for the annual GENERAL EDUCATION STUDENT CONFERENCE.
The conference is held on Friday afternoon of Family Weekend each October. It showcases outstanding work that students have produced in general education courses. All students whose work is selected, their parents, and their faculty mentors will be invited to be our guests at a banquet immediately following the proceedings.
- Faculty may nominate as many students-either individuals or as a panel- as they wish whom they feel have produced excellent, inventive work in general education classes. Faculty should also be willing to mentor students selected to present at the conference during the preparation of their conference abstracts. Please use a separate NOMINATION FORM for each nominated student/group.
- Only general education teaching faculty may nominate students for the conference. However, students are welcome to solicit a nomination from their professors.
- Only student work produced in General Education classes from Fall 2012 Spring 2013 is eligible. (Another call will be issued in April for work produced in the spring semester.
- General Education will contact nominated students and ask them to submit an abstract or summary/description (up to 250-words) of the work that they would like to present at the conference.
Eligible Types of Student Work
In keeping with the diversity of courses offered through the General Education Program, the conference would like to feature a range of student work, including but not limited to poster sessions, speeches, debate presentations, academic papers, film, group presentations, visual presentation, and musical performance.
- Faculty nominations are due by May 10, 2013. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS.
- Student Abstract deadline is June 7, 2013.
For More Information
Contact the General Education Office at 568-2852.