1. The Grant Proposal Format, Budget, and Endorsements (see Attachments) must be followed for all submissions.
2. Faculty members are strongly encouraged to discuss ideas for grant proposals with the appropriate Cluster Coordinator/s to determine feasibility and need of potential grant work.
3. Grants will be awarded for $2000.00 to $4000.00
4. Funding may be applied to stipends, software, supplies and refreshments.
5. If appropriate, money for stipends will be allocated at the rate of $150 per day per person for a full day’s work related to the grant activity. It is expected that projects will involve multiple participants usually from multiple academic units.
6. 12-month employees are NOT eligible to receive a stipend, but they are welcome to apply for and participate in grant opportunities.
7. Inclusion of adjunct faculty must be in compliance with the state guidelines for yearly hourly average.
8. The GEC Grant Committee reserves the right to contact the grant director(s) for additional information and/or clarification.
9. Written grant reports must be submitted to the Office of General Education by Monday, September 29, 2014. These reports should include the following:
· a review of activities supported by the grant;
· an accounting of the disbursement of funds; and,
· if appropriate, products such as course proposals, curriculum guides, or other items related to the work of the participants.
10. Grant recipients should be prepared to offer a no more than 15-minute oral or video presentation to the GEC on the results of the grant during a regular General Education Council meeting during October or November 2014.
11. Examples of previously funded grant proposals are available upon request.
Should you have any questions, please contact any of the five Cluster Coordinators (http://www.jmu.edu/gened/staff.shtml).