- The grant proposal format and budget request (see Attachment A) must be followed for all submissions.
- Prior approval from the appropriate Cluster Coordinator(s) (see Attachment C or Attachment D) is required before the grant proposal is submitted. Please note that grant proposers must meet with the appropriate Cluster Coordinator(s) and submit the proposal to the Coordinator(s) by Friday, January 18th for his/her/their review. Faculty members are strongly encouraged to discuss ideas for grant proposals with the appropriate Cluster Coordinator/s during the fall semester to determine feasibility and need of potential grant work.
- Funding may be applied to stipends, software, travel to a conference or workshop, books, outside consultants, and supplies and refreshments.
- Grants will be awarded for $2000.00 or $4000.00
- If appropriate, money for stipends will be allocated at the rate of $150 per day per participant for a full day’s work related to the grant activity.
- 12-month employees are NOT eligible to receive a stipend, but they are welcome to apply for and participate in grant opportunities.
- The Grant Review Committee reserves the right to contact the grant director(s) for additional information and/or clarification.
- Grant reports must be submitted to the Office of General Education by Monday, September 30, 2013. These reports should include the following:
- a review of activities supported by the grant;
- an accounting of the disbursement of funds; and,
- if appropriate, products such as course proposals, curriculum guides, or other items related to the work of the participants.
- Examples of previously funded grant proposals are available upon request.
Should you have any questions, please contact any of the five Cluster Coordinators (http://www.jmu.edu/gened/staff.shtml).