Instructions for Accessing Adaptex Online Tests
- Open Internet Explorer (IE) and go to http://carstest.jmu.edu:8080/library.
At some point you should see a security alert message like below, click Yes.
The security alert message may appear before the site is loaded or it may
appear after step 2.
- The first screen that appears is a title screen that
displays the Adaptex logo and developers.
Click the continue button.
- At the login screen enter your info and make sure to
select the correct institution code and test.
Password will be supplied separately.
- Click Submit button.
Note: if the window disappears after clicking the button
then make sure there are no pop-up blockers running. If running Windows XP SP2 then in IE go to
tools->Pop-up Blocker and turn it off.
- From there you should see the test instructions and may
proceed with the test.
NOTE: Make sure to check with your network
administrators to make sure port 8080 and 8443 are open.
- Students get "Page cannot be displayed" errors
Click the "Back" link to go back to the question they were at. Tell the
test administrator to restart the machines between sessions and to make sure
that no one runs any other program before and during taking the test.
- The program does not accept the password provided
Make sure the keyboard is not
- Computer has froze or crashed
Restart your computer and sign
back on the test. Using the same ID, name, test, and password should
take you back where you left off.
- Cannot recover the test (the program has the student start the new test)
Make sure the first name, the last name, the section
number, and the test name are the same as before.
- Cannot see the whole screen
Change the screen resolution to 1024x768 and the font size in the browser to medium.
You can change the screen resolution by
right-clicking the desktop, going to properties, settings, and adjusting the
screen resolution to 1024x768.You can
change the text size of the browser by going View then Text Size.
- Test disappears after submit.
Make sure that the pop up blocker is off. It should be
under Tools-> popup blocker in IE.
- 7.If you have framed tests and see the following dialog box:
"This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure
[Yes] [No] [Moreinfo]"
Use the following solution in IE >Tools >
Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > Miscellaneous >
Display mixed content. By default its set to prompt, reset it to
- If question does not advance.
Exit the test and open a new IE. Under IE >Tool > Internet
Options > click "Settings." Select the option "Automatically" and click
OK. Now try to sign back on to the test.