JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
MATCHING - GIFT POLICY
POLICY # G -201
DATE: April 8, 1999
APPROVED: April 17, 1999
POLICY: The James Madison University Foundation will comply with matching-gift policies established by companies offering a matching-gift program to its employees.
1. Donors employed by companies with a matching-gift program are encouraged to submit a completed matching-gift application along with their donation to the James Madison University Development Office.
2. The Development Office personnel review the eligibility requirements of the respective company's matching-gift program for compliance.
3. Applications that comply with matching-gift requirements are completed further by the Development Office personnel and then forwarded to the James Madison University Foundation for final approval. Once approved, the application is mailed to the company.
4. Gifts that do not comply with matching-gift requirements are marked by the Development Office personnel ineligible for company match and then forwarded to the Foundation Office. The Foundation Office personnel will return the matching-gift application to the donor along with a letter, explaining why the gift is ineligible.
5. The company's matching-gift follows the donor/employee's gift purpose.