JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY FOUNDATI0N
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
USE OF AUTOMOBILES TITLED TO JMU FOUNDATION
POLICY # H 300
APPROVED: April 17, 1999
THE JMU FOUNDATION PURCHASES, LEASES, AND ACCEPTS TEMPORARY USE OF AUTOMOBILES FOR USE BY CERTAIN DESIGNATED EMPLOYEES OF THE UNIVERSITY. THE FOUNDATION MAINTAINS THESE AUTOMOBILE AND PROVIDES INSURANCE ON THE AUTOS AND THE DRIVERS.
1. Automobiles are provided to certain officers of the University solely for his/her use.
2. Only the person designated as the driver of a given vehicle is authorized to operate the vehicle.
3. In case of emergency, another licensed family member may operate the vehicle, but only for the duration of the emergency.
4. Student athletes or other student s are not authorized to operate the vehicles under any circumstances.
5. Designated drivers are required to see that routine repairs and maintenance (oil change, lubrication, tire rotation, inspection) are performed. All expenses of this nature are the responsibility of the Foundation. Designated drivers are required to obtain prior approval from the JMU Foundation official in charge of the automobile program before obligating the Foundation for any of these costs.
6. Designated drivers are required to fill out and return to the Foundation office a signed vehicle agreement form upon being assigned to a vehicle.
7. Designated drivers are responsible for submitting a quarterly vehicle condition form to the JMU Foundation office.
8. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE DESIGNATED DRIVER OF A VEHICLE SIGN ANY FORMS RELATIVE TO THE VEHICLE ON BEHALF OF THE FOUNDATION.