How can I declare Foreign Language as a major?

You can go to Keezell 301 and fill out some forms.


I've had two years of Spanish in high school, but I want to start over at 101. Can I do that?

No. If you have had two or more years of a language in high school, you cannot receive credit for 101, 102 or 111 in that language.  Please see Language Placement for more information.


I would like to do an independent study with a professor. What do I need to do?

You would need to talk to the professor with whom you want to study.  If s/he agrees to do an independent study with you, s/he can fill out an independent study contract which will be signed by the professor, the department head, and you.


Back to Top