Exercise is Medicine
Prevent and treat dozens of diseases with...
From Scared to Savvy: My First Group Fitness Class
To my relief, this was a no-judgment zone.
Romance can be healthy!
Duke Dog Challenge
Sat, 20 Apr 2013 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Duke Dog Challenge…Can you handle it?
Come put your skills to the test in this outdoor fitness challenge! Run, jump and lift your way to earning the title of the Strongest Duke! This event will include eight separate challenges that test muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular, flexibility and balance components. The top male and female competitors in each academic class will be selected and can earn prizes! The competition will be fierce so lace up your athletic shoes and start training!
Challenges will be spread out on the University Park turf field. Use strategy to plan out the order you want to complete the challenges; it’s your choice!
1: Agility test: How fast can you dodge in between cones and jump over hurdles?
2. Broad jump: How far is your horizontal jump? You can use you arms to propel you forward, but you must land on two feet.
3. Muscular endurance round 1: How many push-ups can you complete in 1 minute?
4. Power test: How far can you pass a medicine ball down the field? Running starts permitted.
5. Muscular endurance round 2: How long can you hold a plank position without breaking proper form?
6. Flexibility test: Good ol’ fashion V-sit reach. (Give yourself a breather J)
7. Balance: How far can you stand on one foot…on the BOSU trainer? After 45 seconds, we will spice it up with another challenge so we aren’t there all day.
8. Aerobic endurance: How many times can you jump over a hurdle in 1 minute?
Questions? Contact Brittany Guerin!