Pitch & Plan
Fri, 15 Nov 2013 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Location: Taylor 405
If you are interested in entrepreneurship and innovation at JMU, please join the conversation!
At the Nov 15 Pitch and Plan, we have one goal: Help move your ideas forward.
What is a "Pitch"?
Three minutes (and yes, we have a timer!) to present your idea or vision for which you would like feedback, support, or identification of resources to help make it a reality.
Ideally, these ideas should:
- Focuses on fostering entrepreneurship and innovation at JMU and beyond.
- Requires collaboration across disciplines, colleges, and/or the community.
- Leverages resources to accomplish more with less.
- Contributes to JMU’s mission as the engaged university.
Following the pitches, attendees will be encouraged to connect with each other and continue the conversations.
What is the "Plan"?
Based on the roundtable discussions from our August 30th breakfast, we'll form small groups to begin building teams and projects around the initiatives that emerged:
- Regular time and space for brainstorming
- University-wide business plan competition
- Creation of a database of ideas and experts
- Women in entrepreneurship
- Other? Bring your ideas to pitch and engage a team!