- No Related Stories
Safe Zone Workshop
Wed, 19 Feb 2014 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Feb. 19 | 3-4:30 | 304 Taylor
Register online for a spring 2014 workshop
- Wednesday, February 19, 3:00PM - 4:30PM - Taylor Hall, Room 304
- Thursday, February 20, 10:30AM - 12:00PM - Festival, Conference Room 2
- Friday, March 21, 3:00PM-4:30PM - Festival, Conference Room 4
Safe Zone offers:
- Individuals sign a "contract" for confidentiality purposes when they decide to become a participant in Safe Zone and they're given a Safe Zone sticker to place at their work station or on their door.
- Currently there are over 300 participants consisting of faculty, staff, and students.
Members of the JMU community who participate in the Safe Zone Program:
- Believe that our campus is enriched by the diversity of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people.
- Are aware of the presence of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex students and colleagues and are willing to engage them in genuine dialogue and interaction.
- Are willing to discuss issues impacting gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people's lives in a nonjudgmental manner.
- Are willing to assist individuals in accessing support and information resources on campus and in the community.
- Pledge to maintain confidentiality.
- Comfortably use inclusive language, avoiding stereotyping, and do not assume gender binaries or heterosexuality.
Contact Jeremy Hawkins for more information.