Red Flag Campaign
Mon, 21 Oct 2013 1:00 AM - Fri, 25 Oct 2013 5:00 PM
The Red Flag Campaign is aimed at addressing dating violence and how to prevent it on college campuses.
October is Intimate Partner Violence Awareness Month and the University Health Center is using the Red Flag Campaign here on campus to get students involved and to raise awareness. In addition to a bake sale from 11:00 a.m. 2:00 p.m. on the Commons Oct. 23-25, the following events are planned:
Oct. 21 -Red desserts at D-Hall
- Check out D-hall for the red desserts being served to kick off the RFC!
Oct. 23 - Wear Red Day
- Wear Red Day! President Alger and his staff will be joining us to help raise awareness!
- Share a personal thought or story (anonymously) on a red flag that we will later display on a banner to represent those who are affected by intimate partner violence
- $1 red velvet cupcakes, provided by Dining Services, on the Commons 11am-2pm (all proceeds go to First Step, Harrisonburg's only intimate partner violence shelter)
Oct. 24 - Bake Sale
- 11am-2pm on the Commons
Oct. 25 - 11am-2pm on the Commons
- Bake sale!
- Trivia with prizes!
- Pledge to know the signs of intimate partner violence and to intervene in situations where someone could be in danger or unsafe in their relationship
If you are interested in learning more about the RFC, dating violence, sexual assault, or how to get involved on campus please contact Raychel Whyte, Kim Johnson, or come find us on the 5th floor of Montpelier Hall.