2014-2015 Faculty Grant Proposal Call
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:00 AM - Fri, 3 Oct 2014 12:00 AM
Click HERE to see guidelines for this 2014-2015 Faculty Grant Proposal Opportunity.
ABOUT THE GRANT: The Gilliam Center for Free Enterprise and Ethical Leadership (the “GC”) is offering grants to JMU faculty members (throughout the JMU campus) to support research (theoretical, conceptual, or empirical scholarship) or curriculum development in any of the following business-related content areas:
- free enterprise (e.g., the role of private firms to self-regulate, to correct market failures, to provide public goods, or to develop ethical responses to social problems
- business ethics (i.e., ethical issues in any of the business domains or contexts
- business leadership (i.e., with priority given to proposals that have free enterprise or ethics-based content)
- social responsibility of business (i.e., impact of business on society)
- other content areas related in a meaningful way to any of the above
It is expected that at least eight (8) grants will be awarded during this coming Fiscal Year (July 1 2014 – June 30 2015). A minimum of five (5) of these grants are expected to be for free enterprise-related projects. Award winners will be allowed three (3) years to complete approved projects - for example, a grant awarded on September 15, 2014 should be completed by September 14, 2017; note below the ‘rolling deadline’).
AWARDS: Grant awards are expected to range from $3,000 to $7,000.
ROLLING DEADLINE: Grant proposals submitted (electronically) to the GC by August 15, 2014, will be given priority over those received after this date (but DO consider sending us proposals at any time during the year). A GC grant proposal committee will review the proposals with the expectation that grants will be awarded within sixty days of the submission deadline.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DIRECTORS:
For free enterprise-related questions, contact Bob Subrick (email@example.com; phone: 568-3096).
For ethical leadership-related questions, contact Bob Kolodinsky (firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 568-3014).