June 25 - Writing Renewal Retreat
Wed, 25 June 2014 - Thurs, 26 June 2014; 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Meals will be provided. We will provide travel if needed. Overnight stay encouraged, yet optional.
Seeking renewal for writing projects? Engage in a two-day writing retreat with a community of faculty writers at Camp Horizons Retreat Center in the inspiring Blue Ridge Mountains near Harrisonburg, VA. Stimulate creativity and reconnect with scholarship passions as you reflect, dialogue, and engage in writing. Enjoy contemplative practices such as nature walks, quiet centering/mindfulness meditation, Tai Chi, and music. Renew your sense of inspiration and hope as you move toward completion of a writing project.
This community is designed to help faculty make progress towards the following outcomes:
- Develop metacognitive awareness of writing process and habits
- Practice peer review through mindful reading and compassionate listening.
- Generate a toolkit for writing productivity
- Appreciate contemplative practices for increasing focus, awareness, and well-being
- Renew enthusiasm for scholarly writing