As an advisory committee reporting to the President of James Madison University, the Employee Advisory Committee fosters open, honest and productive communication between employees and the university administration with an emphasis on matters of concern to all employees.
The EAC fulfills its mission by assuming additional responsibility for the following activities:
- facilitating staff employee participation on University Committees and Commissions
- sponsoring the annual JMU Thanks You employee celebration each May
- maintaining the EAC website to communicate the committee's activities with the campus community
- planning the President's Opening Address to staff each Fall
We Want to Hear from You!
The Employee Advisory Committee meets once a month during the Fall and Spring semesters to discuss matters of concern to all employees (Classfied, AP Faculty, Faculty, Wage). Please let us know if there is a topic we can address during our meetings by getting in touch with an EAC member, filling out this form or emailing email@example.com!
- Looking for something to do with your family or outside of work hours? Check out links to event calendars.
- Have a student in or entering college? Check out the list of JMU Employee Scholarships.
- Learn more about the Virginia Governmental Employees Association.
- Connect with other JMU staff in organizations or activities specifically for JMU staff.