As an advisory committee reporting to the President of James Madison University (JMU), the Employee Advisory Committee fosters open, honest and productive communication between employees and the university administration with an emphasis on matters of concern to all employees.
The organization accomplishes its mission by:
- communicating with the Executive Assistant to the President of the University (Liaison to EAC)
- providing feedback and advice to the Senior Leadership Team regarding issues that impact JMU employees
- facilitating two-way communication with the campus community through electronic and verbal methods
- facilitating staff employee participation on University Committees and Commissions
- sponsoring the annual JMU Employee Appreciation Event each May
- planning the President's Opening Address to Staff each Fall
We Want to Hear from You!
The Employee Advisory Committee meets once a month during the Fall and Spring semesters to discuss matters of concern to all employees (Classfied, AP Faculty, Faculty, Wage). Please let us know if there is a topic we can address during our meetings by getting in touch with an EAC member, filling out this form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Looking for something to do with your family or outside of work hours? Check out links to event calendars.
- Have a student in or entering college? Check out the list of JMU Employee Scholarships.
- Learn more about the Virginia Governmental Employees Association.
- Connect with other JMU staff in organizations or activities specifically for JMU staff.