Mon -Thu: 8:00am -9:00 pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
(when classes are in session)
Exceptions for the year
on Windows XP
Creating the Folder on Your Computer
Once these are set up, the web folder can be accessed via "My Network Places." No need to remember the URL.
- Click on "Start".
- Click on "My Computer."
- Click on "My Network Places."
- Click on "Add a Network Place."
- The wizard will start. When you see the welcome screen. Click "Next."
- The wizard will search for a moment, then display locations. Click on "Choose another network location" and click "Next."
- You will be asked to enter the network location. They will from one of the following web servers:
https://orgs.jmu.edu for student organizations (use https)
http://web.jmu.edu for JMU departmental use
http://people.jmu.edu for faculty and staff.
If you are creating a site on http://people.jmu.edu, you would enter the following:
- Click Next
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Use your e-ID and password. Make sure you put JMUAD\ in front of your e-ID when logging in. Click OK when done.
- You will be prompted to enter a name for the web folder. You can keep the suggested name, or change it to your liking.
- Click on "Next."
- You will be asked to complete the wizard. You can choose to open the the drive when you finish. Click "Finish" to complete.
- The location will be added to your list of web folders. Click on the folder and you should be able to see a listing of all students web folders (you may be prompted for a password, and if so, log in as instructed above).
Accessing the Folder
Once you've created the folder, here's how you access the folder:
Click on "Start"
Click on "My Network Places."
Click on the network place you have created.
You will be prompted for a username and password. Again, log in as shown above.
The folders will display and you can navigate to your files very much like you would navigate to local files on your hard drive using Windows Explorer.
Web Publishing Using WebDAV