Web Publishing with FrontPage is not supported and JMU offers no servers on which to publish in this manner. This documentation is here for your own purposes and information. Use at your own risk.
Web Publishing with FrontPage
When using FrontPage (or SharePoint or Expression), before publishing, your website has to be converted into a FrontPage "site" (or if using and earlier version of FrontPage, a "web"). Note: Images below are taken from Microsoft FrontPage 2003.
- If your pages already exist, go to File, and then "Open Site".
- Browse to the folder that your web site files are in, select the folder and then use the "Open" button in the lower right corner as shown below (Note: The site uses https).
- When you are ready to publish your site, go to "File", then "Publish Site".
- In the "Web Site Setup" window that comes up, choose "WebDAV".
In the "Web Site Location" box, enter a URL (Use https).
Ensure that the checkbox "Encrypted connection required (SSL)" is checked as shown below. Then click Next.
- Specify in the "Local copy location:" box where you would like to create a local copy as shown below. Then, click Next.
- A "Congratulations!" dialog box should appear as shown below. You can click Finish.
If you are using Windows 7 and this still does not work, try the steps for SharePoint Designer 2007, but do so knowing that we do not support SharePoint Designer.
Web Publishing Using WebDAV