Logging in to Web Servers
Note: Access to these web servers from off-campus requires the use of JMU's SSL VPN service.
Orgs, People, WEB
- Publishing is done via FrontPage or web folders (ftp access is not available)
- When prompted for your user name and password you will use one of the supported login formats based on your version of Microsoft Windows:
- If JMUAD is the domain, just use "your e-ID" and your e-ID password.
- Otherwise, use "your e-ID@jmu.edu" or "JMUAD\your e-ID" and your e-ID password.
- Also depending on the version of Windows or the application you are using you may even see two different styles of login boxes.
- Style #1 has only "Username" and "Password" fields, based on your version of Windows as in the above indicated login formats.
- Style #2 has a "User name", "Password," and Domain fields. This style login box permits inputting your e-ID in the "User Name" field and the JMUAD in the "Domain" field.
You may use PuTTY, or any other telnet program to log into Educ(formerly Peregrin). To transfer files, you must use an SFTP or SCP client.
JMU Web (www.jmu.edu), SecureWeb
Use an FTP client or Web Manager 2 to log into www.jmu.edu.
Use an FTP client to log into SecureWeb.
For information on changing these web account passwords through the Accounts Portal, please see the Password page
back to top