SSL VPN Terminal Sessions
Terminal Sessions provide Secure Shell (SSH) access to UNIX servers and allows Windows Terminal Services connections.
Available to: faculty and staff (students and affiliates upon request)
How to Sign in
For most people, signing into the SSL VPN will only require your e-ID and password and the default Green Realm. For specialized user populations, a two-factor token issued by IT Security Engineering and the Black realm will be required to sign in.
- Open a web browser to https://sslvpn.jmu.edu
- Enter your JMU e-ID and password
- In the Realm drop down box, either leave the realm set to Green (the default for the General User population that does not require a token) or select Black (specialized user population requiring a two-factor token from IT Security Engineering)Click the “Sign In” button
- If you receive an Internet Security box from Juniper Networks, click "Allow"
How to Create Terminal Sessions:
- click on the “+ computer” icon
- select either Windows Terminal Services for a Remote Desktop connection,or SSH Secure Shell for an SSH connection.
- enter the Host name
- click Add
How to Sign Out
- Click the “Sign Out” button
- Close all web browser windows that you opened using the SSL VPN Service. It is also recommended that you exit the Web browser application itself.
How to Request Help and Assistance:
Submit a question or issue to the Information Technology Help Desk.
For more information, click the “Help” button and search for “Terminal Sessions”.