James Madison University offers a variety of tools to enable collaboration for students, faculty, and staff.
- Dukes (Office 365) Account – Provides Email and Calendaring (maintain access even after you graduate)
- OneDrive for Business – provides file storage/sharing (maintain access while you are an active enrolled student)
- Chat (Microsoft Lync) – provides instant messaging (IM), audio and video conversations, and Lync Meetings. Install Lync through your Dukes (Office 365) Account under Settings/Office 365 settings/Software (maintain access while you are an active enrolled student)
- Canvas – is a learning management system used by faculty and students to enhance academic instruction
- Microsoft Skype for Business –provides instant messaging (IM), audio and video conversations, and Skype for Business Meetings. Skype for Business is part of your Office 2013 (Windows) or Office 2011 (Macintosh) installation
- Microsoft Exchange – provides email, calendaring. It can be accessed via the web or by using the Microsoft Outlook client on Windows or Macintosh
- JMU SharePoint Services - provides departmental and campus-wide intranet while enabling collaboration for improved productivity and communication for JMU students, faculty, and staff
- OneDrive for Business – provides file storage/sharing
- Microsoft Office Online – edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint doc and OneNote in your browser
- Login using your JMU email address(e-ID@jmu.edu) and e-ID password
- WebEx - an online conferencing tool that allows you to meet with colleagues anywhere in the world using your internet connection and web browser.