Adding a network printer (for single user) in Windows 8
These instructions are for JMU-owned computers in the JMUAD Active Directory domain. Before beginning these steps, make sure you are connected to the JMU network either via network cable or the wireless network.
- If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search. If you're using a touch screen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
- Type Advanced Printer Setup in the search box, click or tap Settings, and then click or tap Advanced Printer Setup.
- If prompted click or tap Add a printer and if prompted click or tap Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.
- Click or tap The printer that I want isn’t listed
- Click or tap to put the bullet beside of Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature and click Next
- Maximize the Find Printers window by clicking or tapping the middle button at top right
- Click or tap on the Location heading to sort the printers by location, find your printer and double click or tap it. If you do not see your printer in the expected location, you can also sort by Name (ESN), Model, etc.. If your network printer is not listed after searching by Location, Name (ESN), and Model, please complete the Setup and Installation Request to request that your printer be set up as a networked printer.
- Wait (may take several minutes!) while printer is being installed
- Note the name of the printer and then click or tap Next on the screen stating You've successfully added....
- If you wish to make this your default printer, click or tap to put a check mark beside of Set as the Default Printer. Click or tap Finish and your printer should now be functional (please make sure you can successfully print to the printer which was just added).
In general, printer defaults were set for lower printing cost and “sustainability” options. For example, if duplexing is available on a printer, it is turned on. In most cases color printers are set by default to print in black and white. If a department wishes the defaults to be changed for the entire department or if a feature is not configured correctly (e.g. duplex printing, incorrect feeder trays, etc.), please designate one person to complete a Setup and Installation Request. Complete the form as if you are requesting a new printer installation and place the specifics of your change request in the comments field.