- The College of Education
- About the College
- Centers and Services
- College of Education People
- Student Organizations
- Alumni and Friends
You are in the main content
- BA in Psychology
- Masters in Special Education K-12
- Ph.D pending in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- I teach in the K-12 programs, both undergraduate and graduate courses. I developed and teach our courses in autism spectrum disorders.
Professional Experience and Interests:
- While teaching in public schools I taught children who were self-contained, received resource support and those in the collaborative classrooms. Their disability areas varied, but I spent most of my time working with children with very complex challenges. I have taugh elementary, middle school and high school, and post high students. My experiences collaborating with other teachers were simply grand! I have also worked for the Virginia Department of Education doing consulting in and training of special education.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
One Piece of Advice for Future/New Teachers:
- Laugh as much as possible and enjoy your students!
Resources that you would Recommend:
- Your fellow teachers and colleagues. Don't stay behind a closed door, get out, and ask for help and suggestions. Also offer them up when you have the opportunity.