Welcome to the CoE Honors Program!
You have chosen to participate in the College of Education Honors Program at James Madison University! This is a prestigious challenge for the best and brightest students - THAT MEANS YOU!
Please follow the links to discover the College of Education guidelines, policies and procedures designed to support you as you work to fulfill the Honors Program requirements.
We look forward to working with you!
Questions? Send us an email!
The Honors Experience
The Honors Program is more than just academics--it's an experience that begins from your first day on campus and continues beyond graduation. By networking through Honors student organizations, socializing and studying in the Honors Lounge, and living in Honors housing, Honors students at JMU develop close bonds as members of a unique community of scholars. Interesting and fun events bring Honors students together on campus. Leadership experiences and service opportunities engage students with the local community and the wider world. For many students, the Honors experience lasts beyond their four years on campus, as former students become actively engaged Honors alumni.
Being in the Honors Program affords you a number of unique benefits, including:
- Priority registration privileges, so you can get the best classes at the times you want them
- Honors recognition on your transcript and diploma
- The opportunity to live with other Honors students in Shenandoah Hall, the Honors dorm
- Access to the Hillcrest House facilities, which provide Honors students a comfortable student lounge, study areas, and a computer lab
- The Honors Academic Advisor, who is there to help you make the most your college experience