ETMC Summer News
Due to renovations in Memorial Hall the ETMC will be moving its operations to rooms 3355 and 3360 beginning May 10 through the end of the summer renovations. Our facility in rooms 7260 will be CLOSED during the whole renovation work starting Tuesday May 7, 2013 until the renovations are completed.
All ETMC books can be returned to Carrier or Rose Library during the summer. Avoid fines, turn them in on time!
Available during the summer:
- Full-time ETMC and Technical Support staff members will be available throughout the summer for your assistance (see below for communication notes)
- Equipment available
- Mobile carts (laptops and iPad)
- Laptops and portable projectors for faculty
- Camcorders and flip cameras
- Other electronic equipment checkout - Audio recorders, iPads, iTouchs (short term checkout), etc
- Our COE college computer servers will be available (backup, faculty & student storage spaces, etc)
Not Available during the summer
- book collections housed in the ETMC (textbooks and children and youth collection)
- public computer labs in ETMC
- Instructional computer lab in 7215
- video editing lab in ETMC
- lamination and paper cutting
- public printing and copying (no specialized printing)
Communication with ETMC and Tech Support Staff:
- Use our main phone number 568-6302 - all of our individual phone lines will forward to this number.
- Use email:
- Use Lync for synchronous messaging (chat) with any of the above team members. If you do not have Lync installed on your computer, ask any of us how to install it so you can use this free chat tool for Windows and Macintosh. We will be available online for chat during our regular office hours.
- There will be NO access to book collections housed in the ETMC during the summer
- Textbooks - If there are specific textbooks you want in your classroom for the summer let us know and these can be checked out and located in your classroom for the summer term.
- Children and Youth collections - these materials will not circulate during the summer.
- NOTE: please have your students return any checked out books by May 3 (end of finals week) that belong in the ETMC.
- The JMU library courier service will deliver/pickup library materials once a day to room 3360
- We encourage all faculty to retrieve materials on course reserves in the ETMC since these materials will not be accessible in the ETMC during the summer.