Mobile Laptop Computer Labs
The ETMC houses four mobile computer carts:
- 2 carts containing 20 Macintosh laptops (Sloth and Otter Carts)
- A cart containing 20 Windows laptops (Penguin Cart)
- A cart with portable baskets containing 10 Surface Pro tablet computers (Sasquatch Cart)
These carts are available for faculty to check out and use in their classrooms. All computers have wireless access capabilities to join the JMU wireless network in Memorial Hall. Faculty are responsible for pickup and return to the ETMC.
All the computers have these software programs:
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser(s)
- Inspiration / Kidspiration/InspireData
- Smartboard Notebook
- Software as requested by faculty
Mobile iPad Carts
The ETMC has two iPad mobile carts available for faculty to check out and use in their classrooms. One cart has 20 iPad Mini tablet computers (Goat Cart) which are stored in a portable suitcase. The other cart (Wolf Cart) is full sized cart that houses 20 iPad2 tablet computers. All ipads have wireless capabilities to connect to the JMU wireless network in Memorial Hall. Faculty are responsible for pickup and return to the ETMC.
Each iPad has these apps downloaded for the basic content areas. Faculty may request new apps for the iPads.