There are many options for incorporating digital video into classroom instruction here in the College of Education at JMU. Below highlights some of the many options you have as faculty and students here at JMU. Feel free to contact Rich Clemens if you have further questions about any of these video resources.
JMUTube video - incorporate video into your courses by streaming video from a server maintained by the Center for Instructional Technology. You can link to videos in your courses in Canvas or Tk-20.
Faculty & Students
Many video resources are available through Carrier Libraries databases. We would like to highlight a few of these here:
- Discovery Education Streaming - large online repository of educational videos and many other digital resources. All students and faculty in the College of Education need to create their own account. JMU has purchased a subscription for all faculty and students to create their own access to this valuable resource.
- Atomic Learning - online tutorials for over 100 different software applications. Since this is a JMU purchased subscription, you need to be on-campus or remotely authenticate to access this online learning resource.
- Vanderbilt Television News Archive - archive of evening news from 1968 - present. NBC and CNN are available as streaming video other broadcasts can be special request.
- The Library of Congress has a small collection of historical motion pictures to view.
- HULU - if you wish to view hit television shows, you can stream them through your web browser.