Out-of-State Licensure




Candidates who complete JMU's teacher education program are eligible for licensure in Virginia.  Limited information on licensure requirements for other states is available in the Education Support CenterAll states will require a form to verify your program completion which must be sent to and completed by the Education Support Center.  Candidates who wish to teach out-of-state should contact other state education agencies directly to obtain more detailed information, licensure applications, etc. 


We recommend contacting the Department of Education for the state you are interested in obtaining licensure for the most complete up-to-date information.

State-by-State Teacher Certification Information can also be found at: