LICENSURE / EMPLOYMENT
In order to be eligible for Virginia licensure, a teacher education candidate must meet all requirements for completing the licensure program. This includes:
- finishing all course work;
- completing all required student teaching or internships;
- earning the appropriate bachelor's degree and/or the Masters/EdS degree for the specific licensure program;
- passing the appropriate Praxis II specialty area test if required by the state; and
- training in emergency first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and the use of automated external defibrillators (AED).
The final transcript will contain a statement that indicates which licensure program a candidate has completed. This statement is added after the licensure request has been processed.