Where Can I Get Help Preparing for Praxis I and II?
Praxis I and II Preparation Information
Below are available resources to help you prepare for the Praxis I and II assessment tests:
- Sample Tests Online - Test descriptions, sample questions with answers, and test-taking strategies are available online at the Praxis website. Also, see the Praxis Interactive Test Preparation link for online practice tests, a study plan tool and online tutorials for purchase.
- Test Preparation Materials in Carrier Library, ETMC, and Online through JMU Libraries - Print Copies and e-Book Study Guides: Education Subject Guide
- Study Guides - Study Guides are available from ETS and bookstores. Go to the Praxis website for free access study companions and/or to order a guide with sample tests, test-taking strategies, explanations of correct answers to each question, scoring keys, and scoring instructions. We also recommend Praxis I: PPST (Cliffs Test Prep) by Jerry Bobrow (click link for library information) or, available for purchase online or at bookstores ($16.99).
a. The Science/Math Learning Center in Roop Hall Room 200 offers tutoring for the math section of Praxis I.
b. Peer Praxis Support is offered by Education Ambassadors in Memorial Hall. The Education Ambassadors are offering Praxis support for the reading, writing, and math sections of the test, as well as offering test-taking hints to relieve test anxiety. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a peer advising session with the Education Amabassadors.
Preparation Classes - ed2go offers a six-week Praxis I Preparation. New course sections start monthly. Enroll online at www.ed2go.com.
- Customized Learning Software - The PLATO Pre-Professional Skills Simulated Test is an Internet-delivered test that is formatted to simulate the actual PPST tests. It gives students an experience closely related to the actual tests and provides diagnostic feedback in reading, writing, and mathematics. Students work online from their own PC, receive immediate feedback, and are able to create individualized learning paths. To purchase a log-on ID, contact Whitney Sajko at EMU by sending an email to her at email@example.com.
- Practice of Testing Skills - The Massanutten Regional Library offers the database Learning Express for practicing and testing skills in Praxis I and a number of Praxis II (PLT) tests.