This college committee is composed of the Director of the Computing Support, Director of Educational Technology and Media Center, Faculty member from each department in the college/unit, Director of Assessment or designate, others as assigned by the dean and a student representative..
- Deliberate on technology matters and forward recommendations to the Dean and College Administrative Council on improvements that would enhance the quality of our programs.
- Support faculty implementation and modeling of educational technologies
- Recommend appropriate technology for faculty use
- Offer professional development for faculty on technology
- Create the College of Education Technology Plan
- Review and revise the plan annually
- Review and make recommendations related to the purchase of computing hardware and software.
- Review & Align College of Education technologies with JMU standards and practices.
- Regular communication with JMU Information Technology
- JMU Media Resources
- Technology Classrooms Group
- Center for Instructional Technology
- Assist with the coordination of technologies within the College of Education
- Educational Technology & Media Center
- Computing Support
- Assessment group
- All Departments
- Support College of Education programs in their alignment with professional technology standards,
- International Society for Technology in Education
- Virginia Department of Education
- (Adult & Human Resource…)