Faculty Development and Support Committee
This college committee is composed of five members, one faculty representative from each COE department’s PAC .
- Solicit and review proposals and make recommendations to the Dean regarding recipients of faculty educational leaves, research grants and teaching grants.
- Administer faculty development funds allocated from the college to support faculty research, teaching, collaborative endeavors and professional development.
- Identify the Distinguished Teacher, Madison Scholar, and Distinguished Service Award recipient for the College.
- Plan the annual faculty awards and recognition reception.
- Serve as the body to solicit proposals and make recommendations to the Dean regarding special awards or recognition identified by the College (e.g., the Mosier Fellow).
- Offer support and guidance as new faculty members adjust to life in the JMU College of Education.
- Design professional development opportunities for new faculty around the issues of teaching, scholarship and service.
- Serve as appeals committee for faculty in tenure/promotion decisions.
- Coordinate with the assessment committee on faculty evaluation process.