Ranking and Recognition
The JMU College of Business Information Security (InfoSec) MBA program has been ranked 9th in the nation for online graduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report. The rankings included 172 other online MBA programs. JMU is the top ranked program in Virginia. In 2013, JMU’s program was 49th in the rankings. BusinessWeek has ranked us third on the public schools list and fourth out of all undergraduate business schools in the U.S. for return on investment, calculated by comparing annual tuition and required fees and median starting salaries for 2008 graduates. Our juniors spend a semester in an integrated course that's team-taught by professors from every business discipline. This unique synthesis prepares them to understand the interrelations of business systems, an incredible advantage over students from other schools.Constant innovation is our hallmark. More than 250 companies visit our campus each year. Our job placement rate is about 90 percent during the past decade. Our students learn to excel in group work because we know that employers demand it. What do our business students expect? Academic rigor, team projects, class presentations, priority on information technology, a supportive infrastructure, and a successful future.
- The JMU College of Business Information Security (InfoSec) MBA program has been ranked 9th in the nation for online graduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report. The rankings included 172 other online MBA programs. JMU is the top ranked program in Virginia.
- Our CIS program was ranked 10th nationally by Bloomberg Businessweek for 2013
- In 2013, the College of Business ranked 11th among public institutions and 29th among all business schools, up from 12th and 32nd, respectively, in last year’s ranking. The COB remains in the top 5 percent of undergraduate business schools nationwide.
- In 2013, the AITP Student Chapter received outstanding recognition as “The Outstanding Student Chapter of the Year”
- The Madison Investment Fund was named a top student-managed fund at national and international investment competitions in 2013
- The JMU Employee Giving Campaign Division Award: Academic Colleges & Library Unit with Highest Participation Percentage was presented to the College of Business during an appreciation breakfast in 2013.
- Our MBA program was ranked in the top 50 for online graduate business programs by U.S. News
- The College of Business has been ranked in the top 100 most social media friendly MBA schools, according to Online MBA Page.com
- In 2012, CyberCity was a finalist in the Governor's Technology Awards
- In 2012, JMU marketing students won the Americas Region of the 2012 Google Online Marketing Challenge