Kyle A. Huggins
Assistant Professor of Marketing
When Started at JMU: August 2009
Office: ZSH 531
Mailing Address: JMU, College of Business, MSC 0205, Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Ph.D., University of Arkansas 2008
M.B.A., Union University 2001
B.S., Union University 1999
Nutrition Information Provision
Recreational Sports: Golf, Football, Basketball, & Fly-Fishing
Popular Culture: Movies, Music, Poker, and Fantasy Football
Fundraising: March of Dimes & Ronald McDonald Charities
Current Courses Taught:
MKTG 385: Consumer Behavior
MKTG 388: Retail Marketing
MKTG 485: Marketing Management
- Huggins, K. A., Holloway, B. B., White, D. W. (2012). Cross Cultural Effects on E-Retailing: Differentiating Mexican Consumers from Non-Mexican Hispanic Consumers. Journal of Business Research (forthcoming).
- White, D., Absher, K., Huggins, K. A. (2011). The Effects of Hardiness and Cultural Distance on Socio-Cultural Adaptation in an Expatriate Sales Manager Population. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 31(3), 325-338.
- Bates, K., Burton, S., Huggins, K. A., Howlett, E. (2011). Battling the Bulge: Menu Board Calorie Legislation and its Potential Impact on Meal Repurchase Intentions. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 28(2), 104-113.
- Burton, S., Howlett, E., Bates, K., Huggins, K. A. (2009). Coming to a Restaurant Near You? Potential Consumer Responses to Nutrition Information Disclosure on Menus. Journal of Consumer Research, 36(3), 494-503.
- Bates, K., Burton, S., Creyer, E., Huggins, K. A. (2009). The Roles of Gender and Motivation as Moderators of the Effects of Calorie and Nutrient Information Provision on Away-from-Home Foods. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 43(2), 249-273.
- Burton, S., Creyer, E., Kees, J., Huggins, K. A. (2006). Attacking the Obesity Epidemic: An Examination of the Potential Health Benefits of Nutrition Information Provision in Restaurants. American Journal of Public Health, 96(September), 1669-75.
Marketing Internship Coordinator (2011-present)
Freshman Advisor (2010-present)
Chair, External Relations Committee for Marketing Department (2010-present)
2011 LINKS Simulations Honorary Fellow (2010-present)
Ad hoc Journal Reviewer: Journal of Consumer Research & Journal of Consumer Affairs
Ad hoc Conference Reviewer: American Marketing Association, Association for Consumer Research, Marketing & Public Policy
Consultant & Executive Education Coordinator (Various Companies)
March of Dimes Ambassador Family (2010-2011)
- 2011 Kenneth R. Bartee Award for Teaching Innovation Nominee
- 2011 JMU COB Best Practitioner Paper
- 2011 LINKS Hall of Fame Recipient
- 2010 John L. and Jenny Stein Crowly Family Endowment Award
- 2009 W. Carlton Family Endowment Award
- 2009 JMU COB Center for Entrepreneurship Fall Research Grant
- 2006 Winter AMA Educator’s Conference Best Paper in Track Award
- 2005 Winter AMA Educator’s Conference Best Paper in Track Award
- 2005 Walton College of Business Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2005 University of Arkansas Baum Teaching Award
- 2004 Marketing & Public Policy Conference Best Paper Award