iMBA Admissions Criteria
Admission is based on a combination of the following:
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score
- Overall undergraduate grade point average. Please note: an undergraduate degree in business is not required to apply to the JMU MBA Program. *
- Resume citing work experience
- Two letters of recommendation supporting the candidate's application for graduate school
- Minimum of two years full-time work experience
Ideal applicants will have an undergraduate GPA >3.0, GMAT score >500, and a minimum of 2 years professional work experience.* The university encourages applicants with degrees in all major fields of study from accredited institutions. No specific undergraduate courses are required; however, students with non-business baccalaureates are required to complete the following three prerequisite courses:
- Financial Accounting
- Economics (Microeconomics is preferred; Macroeconomics is acceptable)
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. All applications submitted by April 15 will be considered. Applications received after April 15 will be considered until the cohort is full.
The final application deadline is July 1.
Tuition is $500 per credit hour. The cost per course is $1,500. The total cost for the degree is $24,000.
Students apply for admission to the Graduate School and the MBA Program by following these steps.
(1) Online application: Completely fill out the APPLICATION FORM and pay a $55 application fee. During this process you will also be asked to submit a current resume and two letters of recommendation.
The application form is at: http://www.applyweb.com/apply/jmug/index.html
(2) Have the following items sent to the Graduate School, JMU, MSC 6702, Harrisonburg VA 22807:
(a) Official transcripts sent directly from all colleges/universities you have attended.
(b) An official report sent directly from ETS of your GMAT score.
If you would like an information packet sent to you, please send your name and mailing address to email@example.com. If you have questions about the program, please contact Tisha McCoy-Ntiamoah (firstname.lastname@example.org).