Admission is based on a combination of the following:
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score
- Overall undergraduate grade point average. Please note: an undergraduate degree in business is not required to apply to the JMU MBA Program. *
- Resume citing work experience
- Two letters of recommendation supporting the candidate's application for graduate school
- Minimum of two years full-time work experience
Ideal applicants will have an undergraduate GPA >3.0, GMAT score >500, and a minimum of 2 years professional work experience.
* The university encourages applicants with degrees in all major fields of study from accredited institutions. No specific undergraduate courses are required; however, students with non-business baccalaureates are required to complete the following three prerequisite courses:
- Financial Accounting
- Economics (Microeconomics is preferred; Macroeconomics is acceptable)
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. All applications submitted by April 15 will be considered. Applications received after April 15 will be considered until the cohort is full.
The final application deadline is July 1.
Tuition is $500 per credit hour. The cost per course is $1,500. The total cost for the degree is $24,000.