Concentrations | Curriculum | Senior Honors Project | Organizations | Forms | Careers in Finance | Graduate School Information
Senior Honors Project
Students may complete a subject-area honors project in their major, completing six credit hours of work through FIN 499A (1 credit hour), 499B (3 credit hours) and 499C (2 credit hours), working with a faculty mentor. The honors project courses are considered finance electives for the finance major.
Students enroll in FIN 499A in the second semester of their junior year, and then complete the project in the two semesters of their senior year.
- Junior, including transfer students,
- Majoring in Finance or Quantitative Finance, and
- at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA at James Madison University.
- Visit the Honors Program office. Information is provided at the Honors Program website.
- Apply to the Honors Program office during the first semester of the junior year.
- Meet with the department's Honors Liaison to discuss possible projects, faculty mentors, and thesis readers.