Dr. Rick Mathieu
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs — College of Business
Professor of Computer Information Systems and Business Analytics
Started at JMU: 2005
Ph.D., University of Virginia, 1991
M.S., University of Virginia, 1987
B.S., University of Delaware, 1982
Educational Leadership, Enterprise Architecture, Assessment and Accreditation
Current Courses Taught:
CIS 304 - Enterprise Architecture
MBA 682 - Managerial Digital Forensics
HON 200 - Exploring Leadership
“The Selection of Supply Chain Management Projects: a Case Study Approach,” Operations Management Research, Vol. 4, No. 4, September – December 2011, pp. 164-181 (with Raktim Pal).
“AMCIS 2010 Panel Report: Using Assessment Benchmarking to Understand Assessment Results,” Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS), Vol. 22, Article 15, 2011 (with Carolyn M. Jacobson, George M. Kasper, Daniel J. McFarland and Rayman D. Meservy).
“Ethical Dimensions of SPAM,” International Journal of Electronic Business (IJEB), Vol. 9, No. 4, 2011, pp. 350-361 (with John P. Buerck and James E. Fisher).
"Global Trends in Computing Accreditation," Computer (IEEE), Vol. 42, No. 11, 2009, pp. 102-104 (with Harry Reif).
"Evaluating the performance of open source software projects using data envelopment analysis," Information Management and Computer Security, Vol. 15, No. 5, 2008, pp. 449-462 (with Barry A. Wray).
“A New Mission for the Information Systems Discipline,” Computer (IEEE), Vol. 41, No. 5, 2008, pp. 81-83 (with Don Hardaway and Richard Wills)
“Examining RFID Applications in Supply Chain Management,” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 50, No. 7, 2007, pp. 93-101 (with Fred Niederman, Roger Morley and Ik-Whan Kwon).
"Earned Value Management in a Data Warehouse Project," Information Management and Computer Security, Vol. 14, No. 1, 2006 (with J. Art Gowan, Jr. and Mark Hey).
“Web Services Computing: Advancing Software Interoperability,” Computer (IEEE), Vol. 36, No. 10, 2003, pp. 35-37. (with Jen-Yao Chung and Kwei-Jay Lin).
“An Approach to Learning from Both Good and Poor Factory Performance in a Kanban-Based Just-In-Time Production System,” Production Planning and Control, Vol. 13, No. 8, 2002, pp. 715-724. (with Barry A. Wray and Ina S. Markham).
- ABET Academic Council (2010 – present)
- ABET Program Evaluator – Information Systems (IS) (2008 – present)
- Board of Directors – Shenandoah Valley Technology Council (2008 – present)
- Area Editor – IEEE Computer. IT Systems Perspective editor for the flagship publication of the IEEE Computer Society (2001 – present)
- Editorial Board - International Journal of Services and Operations Management (2004 – present)
- Association for Information Systems Special Interest Group on Program Assessment and Accreditation (SIGPAA) – Executive Board (2009 – present)
- Editorial Board - International Journal of Business Process Integration and Management (2004 – present)
- CSAB (Computing Sciences Accreditation Board) - Constituent Relations Committee (2011 – present)
- Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) Advisory Panel (2011 – 2012)