Pamela Peterson Drake
J. Gray Ferguson Professor of Finance
& Department Head
Chartered Financial Analyst, 1992
Ph.D., Finance, University of North Carolina, 1981
B.S., Accountancy, Miami University, 1975
Courses taught at James Madison University
COB300: Integrated Functions Systems
FIN 250: Introduction to Quantitative Finance
FIN 302: Spreadsheets in Finance
FIN 360: Analytical Methods in Finance
FIN 378: Fixed Income Analysis
FIN 362: Financial Analysis
FIN 488: Advanced Financial Policy
- Corporate Finance, Laurence Booth, Sean Cleary and Pamela Peterson Drake, published by John Wiley & Sons, 2013 [ISBN: 978-0470444641]
- “The Use of Bayesian Methods in Financial Research, with Kristine Beck and Bruce Niendorf, Investment Management Financial Innovations, Vol. 9, No. 3 (2012), pp. 60-67.
- Analysis of Financial Statements, Pamela Peterson and Frank J. Fabozzi, published by John Wiley & Sons, Third edition, 2012 [ISBN: 978-1118299982].
- “Financial Guarantee Insurance and the Failures in Risk Management,” Journal of Insurance Regulation, Vol. 30 (2011).
- “Deregulation and Risk,” with Elias Semaan, Financial Management, Volume 12, Issue 2 (Summer 2011), pp. 295-329.
- “Diversification in the Financial Services Industry: The Effect of the Financial Modernization Act,” with Faith R. Neale and Steven P. Clark, Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, (2010) Vol. 10, No. 1.
- The Basics of Finance: An Introduction to Financial Markets, Business Finance, and Portfolio Management, Frank J. Fabozzi and Pamela Peterson Drake, John Wiley & Sons, August 2010 [ISBN: 978-0470609712].
- Foundations and Applications of the Time Value of Money. Pamela Peterson Drake and Frank J. Fabozzi. John Wiley & Sons, May 2010 [ISBN: 978-0-470-40736-3].
- Member, BB&T Local Advisory Board
- Mentor, JMU's CFA Investment Research Challenge team
- Member, 2009-present Leadership Council, College of Business
- Member, CFA Institute