Pamela Peterson Drake
J. Gray Ferguson Professor of Finance
Chartered Financial Analyst, 1992
Ph.D., Finance, University of North Carolina, 1981
B.S., Accountancy, Miami University, 1975
Courses taught at James Madison University
COB300: Integrated Functions Systems
FIN 250: Introduction to Quantitative Finance
FIN 302: Spreadsheets in Finance
FIN 360: Analytical Methods in Finance
FIN 378: Fixed Income Analysis
FIN 362: Financial Analysis
FIN 488: Advanced Financial Policy
- Corporate Finance, Laurence Booth, Sean Cleary and Pamela Peterson Drake, published by John Wiley & Sons, 2013 [ISBN: 978-0470444641]
- “The Use of Bayesian Methods in Financial Research, with Kristine Beck and Bruce Niendorf, Investment Management Financial Innovations, Vol. 9, No. 3 (2012), pp. 60-67.
- Analysis of Financial Statements, Pamela Peterson and Frank J. Fabozzi, published by John Wiley & Sons, Third edition, 2012 [ISBN: 978-1118299982].
- “Financial Guarantee Insurance and the Failures in Risk Management,” Journal of Insurance Regulation, Vol. 30 (2011).
- “Deregulation and Risk,” with Elias Semaan, Financial Management, Volume 12, Issue 2 (Summer 2011), pp. 295-329.
- “Diversification in the Financial Services Industry: The Effect of the Financial Modernization Act,” with Faith R. Neale and Steven P. Clark, Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, (2010) Vol. 10, No. 1.
- The Basics of Finance: An Introduction to Financial Markets, Business Finance, and Portfolio Management, Frank J. Fabozzi and Pamela Peterson Drake, John Wiley & Sons, August 2010 [ISBN: 978-0470609712].
- Foundations and Applications of the Time Value of Money. Pamela Peterson Drake and Frank J. Fabozzi. John Wiley & Sons, May 2010 [ISBN: 978-0-470-40736-3].
- Member, BB&T Local Advisory Board
- Mentor, JMU's CFA Investment Research Challenge team
- Member, 2009-present Leadership Council, College of Business
- Member, CFA Institute