GILLIAM CENTER FREE ENTERPRISE
* October 28, 2013: JOHN TOMASI, Brown University Political Philosopher John Tomasi spoke at 4:00pm on "Free Market Fairness." Learn more about John Tomasi.
Former Sponsored Speakers
*October 15, 2013: JAYSON LUSK, Oklahoma State University Regents Professor and Willard Sparks Endowed Chair in the Department of Agricultural Economics gave a talk on his newest book, “The Food Police: A Well-Fed Manifesto About the Politics of Your Plate.” Jayson’s presentation was to a standing-room only audience (of about 160). Learn more about Jayson Lusk. View Jayson's presentation at JMU.
* September 16, 2013: ARNOLD KLING, George Mason University Senior Scholar Arnold Kling spoke at 4:00pm on "Why is the American Economy Broken, and Why Can't Government Fix It?" Learn more about Arnold Kling.
* April 2, 2013: JOHN ALLISON, President and CEO of the CATO Institute, spoke at 4:00pm on "The Financial Crisis and the Free Market Cure." Learn more about John Allison
*March 21, 2013: ROBERT LAWSON, Fullinwider Endowed Centennial Chair in Economics at Southern Methodist University, spoke at 4:00pm on "Economic Freedom and Well-Being." Mr. Lawson is co-author of the widely-cited Economic Freedom of the World annual reports, which provides an economic freedom index for over 140 countries. Learn more about Robert Lawson
* February 6, 2013: JASON BRENNAN, Assistant Professor at Georgetown University, spoke at 4:00pm on "For-Profit Business and Civic Virtue." Jason Brennan's research focuses on democratic theory, the ethics of voting, competence and power, freedom, and the moral foundations of commercial society. Learn more about Jason Brennan
* January 23, 2013: ANN RATHBONE BRADLEY, Vice President of Economic Initiatives at the Institute of Faith, Work and Economics, spoke at 7:00pm on "Why Does Income Inequality Exist?" Ann develops and commissions research toward a systematic biblical theology of economic freedom. Learn more about Ann Bradley