B.B.A. Core Learning Objectives
for the B.B.A. degree
These are learning outcomes which our core curriculum must help our students achieve. How well they achieve them is measured by an assurance of learning (AOL) process embedded in relevant core courses as indicated.
In order to earn their degree, B.B.A. graduates have demonstrated that they
- understand the ways in which dynamics of the global economy - diversity, ethical and legal responsibilities, and politics - influence the local context.
- GECON 200 politics and market dynamics
- ECON 201: politics and market dynamics
- COB 218: law
- can communicate effectively.
- COB 202: writing and presentation skills
- can work cooperatively in teams.
- COB 202: team function
- COB 204: team collaboration using IT collaboration tools
- can work with important information technologies essential to business practice.
- COB 191: organize and interpret business data using a spreadsheet
- COB 291: business modeling and problem solving using a spreadsheet
- COB 204: creating and using a relational database
- can reason analytically.
- COB 191
- COB 291
- COB 241
- COB 242
- can reason conceptually and think critically.